flashrom: ICH SPI Hardware Sequencing
|Reported by:||toc@…||Owned by:||stuge|
|Component:||flashrom (please use trac on flashrom.org)||Keywords:||ich9 spi|
|Patch Status:||there is no patch|
Running flashrom -r rom.file results in an output file of all null bytes.
Calibrating delay loop... OK. No coreboot table found. Found chipset "Intel ICH9R", enabling flash write... tried to set 0xdc to 0x3 on Intel ICH9R failed (WARNING ONLY) FAILED! Found chip "Macronix MX25L8005" (1024 KB) at physical address 0xfff00000. Reading flash... done.
Verbose output indicates failure of opcode 0x03.
Reading flash... ich_spi_read_page: offset=0, number=256, buf=0xb7cf0008 Opcode 3 not found. run OPCODE 0x03 failed Error readingdone.
Full verbose output attached
Change History (38)
Changed 4 years ago by stuge
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by stuge
- Keywords ich9 added
- Owner changed from somebody to stuge
- Patch Status changed from there is no patch to patch needs review
- Status changed from new to assigned
- version v2 deleted
comment:16 Changed 4 years ago by stuge
- Keywords spi added
- Patch Status changed from patch needs review to patch needs work
comment:20 Changed 4 years ago by stuge
- Milestone set to flashrom v1.0
- Patch Status changed from patch needs work to there is no patch
- Summary changed from flashrom failure to read to flashrom: ICH SPI Hardware Sequencing
- Type changed from defect to enhancement